Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trial Prep

Trial of Chairman Mao: Witness Question Sheet
Directions: You as a witness are to write four questions and answers in the perspective of your character using the book as a reference. You should find passages from the novel in support of Chairman Mao OR evidence against him depending the side of the case you are representing. Remember to USE page numbers and POST these questions on your blog. Lawyers, use this document to create cross-examination questions. Two per character should be sufficient.

Character: Student Name:An-Yi (BC)

1. Question:Why couldn't you write any Da-zi-bao for your teacher?

Answer: How could I write something bad for the teacher when they thought us a lot of stuff? And I think it wrong to do this to people.(pg.40)

2. Question:Why did your grandma jump out the window and how did you feel?

Answer:Because she had a miserable life but she could have stand the stress if it wasn't for country revolution. I was sad and mad at the same time and I was mostly mad at Mao and his followers.(pg.113~115)

3. Question:Why and how did you feel when your mother climbed up the chimney?

Answer:I felt really scared and she climbed the chimney because she got investigated and had to climb the chimney. If she resisted then she would've been beaten to death!
(pg.153)
4. Question:What did you like and hate about the cultural revolution?

Answer:At the beginning of the country revolution I thought it was cool and was able to gain power and other stuff. But after my mom had to climb the chimney and when my grandma commit suicide I got scared and I wanted everything to stop. And because of the country revolution a lot of people suffered and even died.(pg.113~115)

No comments: